As either a valued customer or potential customer, we want to ensure your private information is kept private and only shared with those companies who are authorized either by yourself or as allowed or required by law. In connection with your transaction or request for information, this mortgage broker, mortgage bank, credit union or mortgage lender (“Lenders”) may obtain information about you as described in this notice, which we handle as stated in this notice.
Who is covered by the policy.
You can visit the Lenders website to read product information without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. During normal website usage, we do not collect, gather or store any personal information from you, such as name, address, phone number or email address, The only information we collect from your use of the site is the name of your Internet service provider, sites you visited, pages you requested, dates and times you visited the site. These activities are monitored by the management to measure the usefulness of the site. During normal website usage, we do not collect or store personally identifiable information such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number or social security number.
Collection of Information.
Obtaining or refinancing a mortgage loan or obtaining a home equity line of credit requires considerable accumulation of non-public personal information. We collect non-public information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications made on line via our website and at your Lenders location, e-mail communications from you, and other forms – such as your name, phone numbers, address, social security number, assets and income.
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others such as contact or lease balances and payment history; and, information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
• Information from outside sources regarding employment, residence, credit balances, liability, property insurance coverage.
Protection of Information.
Disclosure of Information.
As permitted by law:
We may disclose non-public personal information about you, while you are a consumer, customer or former customer to the following types of third parties:
• Financial Service Providers. Financial Service Providers, such as banks, credit unions, and other finance related companies in order to serve your financial needs.
• Non-Financial Service Providers. Non-Financial Service Providers who perform services on our behalf, such as providing you with information about products and services that we believe may be of value to you. Before providing information to our service providers we enter into contract agreements prohibiting them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purpose it was disclosed.
• Marketing Companies. Marketing Companies that provide services to the Lender or affiliates such as data analysis and marketing list generation.
• Non-affiliated third parties. Non-affiliated third parties in certain other circumstances, such as companies that maintain and safeguard our account information, debt collectors and as necessary to respond to legal subpoenas and other legal process.